Stanwix Park and Hylton Park Terms and Conditions 2019
Stanwix Park is owned by Messrs Stanwix.
A contract is made on acceptance of a booking by Stanwix Park and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
The brochure should be used as a guide only as it is produced well in advance of publication. For full up to date information please visit www.stanwix.com.
You are welcome to use all our facilities from 9am on your day of arrival. Latest arrival time 9pm unless by prior arrangement.
Accommodation Hire from 4pm on day of arrival (subject to unforeseen delays) until 10am on day of departure. Bookings over the New Year period 12.00noon departure. All accommodation non smoking some pet friendly. If you book a Platinum Caravan the price includes a 2.00pm priority check-in and beds made up on arrival for the total number of persons booked.
Pitch (Max 6 Persons) and Camping Pod (Max 4 Persons) Hire from 2pm on day of arrival until 11am on day of departure. Bookings over the New Year period 12.00 noon departure. The prices quoted are inclusive of VAT @ 20% and are subject to change if the VAT rate changes. Our confirmation and booking acceptance letter is not a VAT invoice. We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochure or on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. Once a booking has been confirmed you have accepted our terms and conditions and it is your responsibility to check your written confirmation that all the details contained therein, are correct. If you have booked by telephone your booking details will be read back to you for your confirmation that the details are correct. If you are booking via the website it is your responsibility to enter and check your holiday details are correct. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details shown in the brochure and our website are correct Stanwix Park cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or as the result thereof. We reserve the right to alter or amend our terms, conditions, facilities and entertainment programmes without notice.
Vehicles: Please note if you have any other type of vehicle other than a car you must notify us and send a picture to email@example.com prior to arrival to enable us to confirm whether this vehicle is allowed on site.
1. The lead party name (“the applicant”) which appears on the booking acknowledgement agrees to the terms and conditions on behalf of all other persons named in the booking as if they were contracting parties. “The applicant” must be 25 years or over. The management reserves the right to refuse all male/all female bookings.
2. The applicant undertakes not to do on their own part or permit to be done by persons under their control, anything which may in the opinion of the management be or become a nuisance or annoyance which shall in any way interfere with the quiet or general comfort of other guests at the park.
3. Only “the applicant” and the persons named in the booking shall be entitled to occupy the accommodation/pitch allocated for their use and any breach of this condition shall entitle Stanwix Park to terminate the booking and to exclude forthwith from the park both unauthorised persons together with the applicants themselves. The number in any party shall be restricted to the sleeping capacity of the accommodation
allocated or the named persons listed on the booking. Upon such termination the applicant and unauthorised persons shall be deemed to be trespassers.
4. On arrival all persons over the age of 5 years are issued with a membership card or wristband, these must be produced to gain entry to the leisure centre and facilities and expire on day of departure. Failure to return keys or make payment for lost keys on departure will incur a charge of £10 per key and an additional administration charge of £15.00 and an invoice will be sent to “the applicant“.
5. It is a condition of Stanwix Park Holiday Centre that all persons (adults and children) staying in accommodation or camping must be listed on the booking. Leisure facilities and entertainment is included in your holiday cost. Licensing Laws. It is against the law for anyone under 18 to buy alcohol in a pub, off licence, supermarket, or other outlet, or for anyone to buy alcohol for someone under 18 to consume in a pub or a public place. Proof of age – we accept the following forms of ID: full passport, photo driving licence.
6. LICENSED PREMISES No children under 16 years of age allowed in the Sky Bar or Dunes Cabaret Bar from 28th March 2019 to 3rd November 2019 or over the New Year festivities. Parents or a suitable adult are
responsible for and must accompany all children in their party under 16 years of age when on the premises and in The Sunset Inn.
7. HOLIDAY CENTRE OPENING TIMES 2019
Accommodation: Apartments and Caravan Holiday Homes available all year. Leisure Centre, Garden Café and Launderette open all year. The Sky Bar: Open all year. Evenings only (Mon-Fri) 7th January – 8th February 2019, 25th February – 27th February 2019, 4th November – 20th December 2019. The Dunes Cabaret Bar: Fri 1st & Sat 2nd March ONLY. 29th March – 3rd November, Weekends, School Holidays & 2nd September – 3rd November – Adults Only Entertainment. All other times Family Entertainment. and over the New Year festivities. The SUNSET INN: Open 8th to 24th February 15th, 16th, 22nd & 23rd March and 29th March to 3rd November, Theme Weekends and 4 days over the New Year. Entertainment Programme: 8th – 24th February, 29th March – 3rd November 2019 and 4 days over New Year. Shop: 8th February to 17th November 2019. Outdoor Swimming Pool: 25th May to 1st September (Closed on Wet/Cold days at Management’s discretion). All facilities closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The above times are a guide only and it is our intention to open longer if demand warrants it. We reserve the right to make a charge on Special Cabaret Nights and Theme Weekends.
8. POOL Applicants and those named on the booking use the swimming pool entirely at their own risk and should make the necessary arrangements to supervise their own children under the age of 8 and non-swimmers
under 14 years of age. No lifeguards are on duty. No children under 16 years allowed in the steam room, sauna or Fitness Centre. During busy periods management, for safety reasons, reserve the right to implement sessions or restricted numbers in the pool. Vertical sun-shower – No person under 18 year of age is permitted to use the sun-shower or gain entrance to the room where the sun-shower is located.
9. DOGS Dogs are only permitted in selected accommodation. They must be kept off seating, chairs and beds. You must bring your own pet basket. A maximum of two dogs per booking are allowed and they must be kept under strict control at all times. Always ‘Scoop the Poop’. Dogs are not allowed in the shop, leisure centre, swimming pools, clubs or play park.
10. BANK CHARGES Any charges passed on to us by the banks etc. for returned cheques, post dated cheques or for processing foreign currency will be passed on to the applicant at a charge of £10
per transaction. We make no charge for payments made by debit/credit cards, e.g., Switch, Delta, Visa Debit etc.
11. REFUNDS In the event of a refund being issued against a booking this will be processed via the original payment method.
12. ELECTRICITY If there is an Electricity Board supply failure to the park there will be no refunds given whatsoever. If the Park’s electricity fails, no refunds or compensation will be given unless the electricity is off for more than 24 hours. There will be no refunds on any frozen food or perishable items under any circumstances.
13. FROST Although preventative measures against water pipes freezing in caravans during the winter months have been taken, occasionally due to severe weather we may experience difficulties and you would have to use the main toilet block on the park.
14. FORCE MAJEURE We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason or circumstance, which amount to “Force Majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “Force Majeure” include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your holiday home (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event beyond our control. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war, threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our or the owners controls.
15. Stanwix Park nor its servants or agents can accept liability for any death or personal injury, loss or damage which may be sustained by the applicant or their property during the period they or any of them are at the holiday park except where it arises from the negligence of the park, its servants or agents.
16. PARK ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT The holiday centre and facilities are available and accessible for all. However our apartments and holiday homes are not suitable for independent wheelchair users travelling alone, with the exception of our Gold Adapted Access Caravan. Accommodation: There is 1 step into ground floor apartments and 4 steps into caravan holiday homes, Adapted Access Caravan has a ramp and disabled persons may need assistance (first floor apartments are unsuitable). Disabled toilet and shower facilities are available to use, both within the complex and also on the touring area. If you require further information and advice about accessibility please contact us.
17. NO COMPLAINT will be considered AFTER the visitor has left the park. Any problems should be reported to reception as soon as possible so they can be resolved. The full rules of Stanwix Park Holiday Centre are available from reception and must be observed at all times.
18. TV FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY Due to the increasing popularity of Stanwix Park Holidays we often receive requests from TV and other companies to film or photograph on our Parks, including shooting our own material. Every effort is made to ensure filming does not intrude on your holiday and we will always ensure that it is made clear to guests when this will be taking place. Please ensure you and your family are aware of positioning of cameras at all times. We will not accept responsibility if, contrary to your wishes, you appear on film or in photographs. We will not make any financial award or payment of any kind.
19. Once a deposit has been paid and a booking confirmed, a contract exists. A deposit of £50 per week/short break (£100 for New Year Breaks) is required and this acts as a booking fee which is non-refundable if a booking is cancelled. Cancellations must be notified to us, in writing, no booking can be cancelled by telephone. We do not offer holiday insurance and it is your responsibility to organise adequate insurance cover if you require this.
20. The balance of the hire fee is due 28 days prior to the start date of your holiday. Any New Year bookings must be paid 84 days prior to arrival. No reminder will be sent. Failure to make payment within 48 hours of the due by date, will result in the booking being cancelled without further notice.
21. If written notice of cancellation is received MORE THAN 28 days prior to arrival, the deposit of £50 is non-refundable and any additional monies paid will be refunded. If written notice of cancellation is received WITHIN 28 days prior to arrival, NO REFUND will be due. NEW YEAR BOOKINGS – If written notice of cancellation is received MORE THAN 84 days prior to arrival, the deposit of £100 is non-refundable and any additional monies paid will be refunded. If written notice of cancellation is received WITHIN 84 days prior to arrival, NO REFUND will be due.
22. AMENDMENTS BY YOU If the applicant wishes to amend their holiday dates there will be a £15 amendment fee to cover the cost of administration together with any additional price difference, if the new dates are in a lower price bracket, no refund will be given. NO amendments can be made to holiday dates within 28 days of the arrival date. You may transfer your booking to another person and we must have notification in writing at least 28 days prior to arrival. A transfer fee of £20 together with any outstanding balance must be paid at the time of transfer. Hired Accommodation bookings cannot be downgraded to a Touring Pitch.
23. Accommodation not claimed within 24 hours of your arrival date will be re-let unless prior notice has been given. The accommodation must be vacated on time and left in the condition in which it was found otherwise a charge will occur. You are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
Camping/Camping Pods/Touring Pitches – Max 6 Persons per Pitch & 4 Persons per Pod
Stanwix Park – All Year. Hylton Park – 1st March – 17th November 2019
24. Bookings for 6 days or less, booking fees to be paid in full at time of booking. For bookings of 7 days or more a £50.00 per week non-refundable deposit is payable to secure the booking, the outstanding balance is due 28 days prior to arrival. Stanwix Park will issue one reminder when the balance is due and failure to make payment, within 48 hours of the date of the reminder, will result in the booking being cancelled without further notice. There is a minimum booking period of 3 nights over any Bank Holiday or New Year.
25. If written notice of cancellation is received MORE THAN 14 days prior to arrival, the full fee less £30 cancellation fee, per week will be refunded. If written notice of cancellation is received WITHIN 14 days prior
to arrival, NO REFUND will be due. No refund will be given on any booking valued at or under £30.
26. AMENDMENTS BY YOU – If the applicant wishes to amend their holiday dates there will be a £15 amendment fee to cover the cost of administration together with any additional price difference, if the new dates are in a lower price bracket, no refund will be given. NO amendments can be made to holiday dates within 14 days of the arrival date. You may transfer your booking to another person and we must have notification in writing at least 14 prior to arrival. A transfer fee of £20 must be paid at the time of transfer.
27. All arrivals must register at reception before siting caravans/tents etc.
28. Pitches not claimed within 24 hours of the arrival date will be re-let unless prior notice has been given.
29. WEATHER Due to adverse weather conditions, we reserve the right to allocate another pitch on either Stanwix Park or Hylton Caravan Park subject to availability without incurring any cost to Stanwix Park. If, we have to cancel a booking, a full refund will be given under the above circumstances but no compensation will be given. During the winter months we can experience freezing standpipes to individual hook-ups and if this happens water will be available from the toilet block