Welcome to Stanwix Park
Business began in the 1940’s where chalets were built and caravans hired out on open fields.
In 1965, a sewage and water system was installed to all pitches. An old RAF building was converted into a small reception office, shop, coffee bar and TV room. Over the next four years a clean-up took place with the addition of a shower/toilet block and laundry plus a car park and entrance onto the B5302 was established.
Between 1972 and 1977 a new reception area and entertainment centre were built, the whole park was electrified, new roads and play parks were added and the hire fleet was increased annually.
From 1977-1985, a 2 storey extension to the entertainment centre was added and an outdoor swimming pool area was also opened, 28 apartments were built and the number of static and touring pitches increased.
Our Leisure Centre Complex was built and more land purchased between 1996 and 2000.
From 2001 – 2010 a major refurbishment of the entertainment centre occurred.
Finally, in August 2013, E. Stanwix retired, selling his share of the business to R. H. Stanwix, G. H. Stanwix & S. M. Stanwix. The family business now trades as Messrs Stanwix.